Day 3 started out just like any other day, we woke up, got ready, had breakfast, Emma slept for 2.5 hours, we crossed into another state, hit a piece of tire on the road...
That's right, we were having a great day. We quietly left Wyoming while Emma was asleep, crossing into South Dakota just in time to stop in Rapid Springs for lunch and to by the next book in the Twilight series on tape (much to my dismay...). We lazily continued through SD, passing all the small towns with numerous billboards promising a great time. Luckily we avoided all the temptations of stopping at Wall Drug and kept a smooth pace toward the center of the state. Then about 3 hours before our destination of Sioux Falls a stray piece of shredded tire jumped out from the weeds on the side of the road and attacked the car! I tried to use my cat like reflexes to dodge but the tire slab proved to be too quick and smashed into the bumper. We pulled off the road at the first exit, Leisha hyperventilating, and checked out the damage. I blame Tom and Mike for repeatedly backing into the car and weakening the front bumper. We also noticed a small leak underneath. Luckily there is a Honda dealer about a mile from our hotel so I will take it in morning to get checked.
3 comments:
I'm so glad everyone is safe. I hate car stuff. Thank heavens you are close to a Honda dealer. Love your updates Richard.
I'm glad you're safe and sound. Scary when things happen to the car...especially when you are away from home! Hope all is well when you take it in!
Gosh...I'm so sorry for Mike and Tom weakening your bumper and thank goodness the tire hit you and not the other way around!
All kidding aside, I'm glad you're safe and you're able to get things fixed. I'm also glad you've learned not to park behind another car! Never know who might back into you! Thanks for the journal of your journey....keep it up! I love you all!
Post a Comment