Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 4: Goldie gets stitches...

In case you didn't know, we named our car Goldie. So I took the car to the local Honda dealer in Sioux Falls while Leisha watched Emma at the Marriott. I arrived just before the hordes of other locals could get oil changes. It took them about 30 minutes to check out the car. They reassured me the leak underneath was just the condensation from the air conditioning (which is normal). This made me feel a lot better. The car also recieved 3 "stitches" to keep the bumper from moving. unfortunately the cut in the bumper will not heal...
We were able to leave Sioux Falls around 9:30 and made it to the Mormon Pioneer Trail Center around noon. The Winter Quarters temple is beautiful. It is similar in shape to the Tri-Cities temple. It is situated next to a pioneer cemetery. This is a picture of a beautiful stained glass window on the back of the temple.Emma enjoyed seeing her great great great great great uncle Brigham Young! She was very cute and just wanted to touch his face. Emma loved Winter Quarters! We are now safely located in Keokuk Iowa at the Marriott just a few miles south of Nauvoo. We look forward to having the whole day tomorrow to visit all the sites in Nauvoo and Carthage.

3 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

I hope you have fun at all the sights tomorrow. We'll miss you at the pool. I wish I were seeing the sights of Nauvoo and Carthage, what a treat. Enjoy it for me, it will be many years before I brave that drive with our gang. Instead, I'll be floating the lazy river, ha! Love you guys, kiss Emma for me. She really loves her Aunt Mel!!

Shaila Lou said...

Sounds like you have a awesome day today. I hope to someday see all these sites too! Love the picture of Emma. She's adorable. I'm really going to miss you guys, even if I was barely able to see you!

melanie said...

Well, I just noticed that my computer was logged in under my mom's name. Sorry, I hope her picture didn't scare you, ha!