Friday, August 15, 2008

France and Italy

As some of you may know, I recently went on a business trip to France and Italy. There is a nursery about 2 hours from Paris that has some apple rootstocks I am working with. There is also a research center about 2 hours south of Venice, so we decided to visit there as well. I was lucky enough to catch up with Neal Manly who showed me around. Leisha thought I should post a few pictures for those who may be interested.
The Eiffel Tower
The Louvre
My favorite statue inside the Louvre. The rest of my Louvre pictures are not appropriate for the blog...
Notre Dame Cathedral
Proof that it really was a business trip.
Outside the castle in Angers France. It was built in the 1300's
Venice!
The Grand Canal from Realto Bridge San Marco Square

2 comments:

melanie said...

So funny, when I was looking at this post earlier, Nathan walked by the computer and just glanced at the screen and said, 'Man, he went to France? Cool.' And then he walked off. I was cracking up! I wish you could've hear his voice, it was so matter of fact. I asked him if he knew it was Uncle Richard and he looked at me like I was delirious and said, Yes!

Very cool photos. It all seems so surreal to me. I'm glad you got to go. Someday, share the Louvre photos not via the web. Oh and good thing you showed the 'work' photo, now we have to believe it was for work. Enjoy the last little bit before school starts!

Shaila Lou said...

Wow, those are some beautiful pictures Richard! I'm glad you shared. Looks like you had a great time, even if you had to work there too. Haha.

Miss you guys and love ya lots! Hope you're having a great time being home!