So it is Valentine's day and Leisha gave me the one thing I wanted most...we didn't do anything! I know, I know, I am a total slacker, but I am feeling pretty stressed with this whole "master's thesis" thing, and Leisha feels pretty stressed with the whole "baby inside her belly" thing. So I am extremely happy that we were able to just enjoy the day without putting a lot of thought into it. Anyway, I didn't want Leisha to feel like I had forgotten her on this day, so here goes why I love Leisha...

Most of you don't know, but Leisha and I were talking about marriage 2 weeks after we started dating! Even that early I knew Leisha was the one. (or at least I thought I did...)

Leisha has always made me a happier person. (look how skinny I was! Leisha looks about the same now...except for the baby strapped to her belly...)

Leisha is freakishly strong...

...and fearless (I mean, it is a moose after all...)

Leisha was crazy enough to marry me!

She loves to travel and will go anywhere with me.

I know this is a picture of me, but it demonstrates Leisha's tolerance of my strange ideas...such as growing out my hair...

She always makes me laugh, like the time she lost both her flip flops trying to jump over a little stream by the ocean.

She has a very pretty neck don't you think?

and the best smile.

Once again the sense of humor...

We have driven across the country 4 times now! I can't imagine anyone else who would have agreed to such a crazy idea.

She is the best mother and is so full of love.

I couldn't resist the opportunity of making 3 Chlarsons mad at me at once...

Leisha has the prettiest blue eyes (this picture doesn't do them justice at all) and has passed the trait on to Emma as well.

Although she doesn't do it often in Washington, I love Leisha's wavy hair. Must be the Dutch in her...

We really have been all over the place.

Love those blue eyes!

...and the smile...

It is hard to tell sometimes, but she also has the cutest freckles!

You can see them here a little better (nice face Emma...)

Gettysburg!

She loves me enough to even go to France and help me collect data for my thesis!

She loves Emma so much.

She is also a good looking redhead...

...but an even better blond...
I know she hates this picture, but I love it. She has that little smile that says "you better put down that camera!"
And other times she really loves the spotlight!

There are so many reasons I love Leisha. Most of them I can't really explain. Many are the little things she says and does. Most of all I love Leisha because she loves me and everyone else. She is the most loving person I know (I think she got it from her dad, who is the second most loving person I know). There is nobody I would rather spend eternity with. I love you Leisha! Happy Valentine's day!
4 comments:
Very nice post, Richard! I agree 100% with you. Leisha is a very special girl that has been given many wonderful gifts that bless our family and those around her. You're both blessed to have one another. You're pretty special, too! So glad you can put up with us crazy Chlarson's! But look who I'm talking to...Adam's are right up there with us! It's a good crazy! Love you!
Good job Richard, that makes up for the whole gift thing! We love Leisha almost as much as you do (no one can top you!). Remember your Father and I picked her out first. She is all the things you said and so many more. I have to add that she is a wonderful daughter as well. I loved her before she was my daughter and even more now. Give her a big hug from us!
Ah, Richard, what a sweet post to my sweet sister! Leisha is incredible and I miss her! Love all the pictures of her, but I really love the last picture of her profile sitting against the door frame! She is so beautiful pregnant, as she is all the time, but even more prego!
Love you Leisha!
I love you little sister! You for sure got the better traits out of the two of us...Richard, thank you for sharing- Landon
Post a Comment