Sunday, March 21, 2010

Emma meets Nora!

I took Emma to the hospital this morning so she could meet her new baby sister! Leisha and Nora were both doing great. We arrived just after breakfast (for both Leisha and Nora...) and got some cute pictures of Nora making faces. You can tell that daddy tried to do Emma's hair this morning without much success... I love this picture of Nora's face and her dark hair. I can just imagine her rocking out to Dream Theater or some other progressive rock!
Don't you just love baby hands?
Emma wasn't quite sure what to think of Nora. She was more excited to see Leisha and drink her watered down grape juice and eat her leftover cheerios!
Emma and I are now back at the house. She is supposed to be taking a nap, although I continue to hear her singing through the monitors... Leisha and Nora are doing great and we appreciate all the notes, emails, texts, calls, etc. from all of you. It is hard to be so far away from family!

9 comments:

melanie said...

Great post Richard! I love all the photos. She is adorable and looks different that Emma to me. Her hair is SO cute!! I really love baby hands too, so precious.

Also, not surprised the bigger girl wanted cereal and juice, it's a little more exciting that a baby with a hat. :)

It's good to hear that Leisha and Emma are doing well. Wish I could visit, hold that baby and bring you dinner!

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks for more pictures!! How cute they both are (nice attempt on the hair Richard!) Isn't it awesome how the love just multiplies instantly, like she was always there. We can hardly wait to meet her and even more to have you move back home. Take care of them Richard. Love you all.
Mom and Dad

Shellie said...

Baby hands are the best. I just love her cheeks and that dark hair. Glad to hear you are all doing well and that Emma was able to meet her baby sister.

Michelle said...

Congratulations you guys! Nora is adorable, love all the hair!

Marion said...

I wish I could have been there when Emma met Nora. That's always such a special moment. Hurry Wednesday! Love you guys!

Nicole said...

Richard's the best at updating for his wife. I don't think Devin even reads our blog :) Congrats on another adorable princess! Glad to hear that Leish is feeling well. Give those cute girls loves from me...all of them! Love you guys!!

Anna said...

She is adorable. I love her hair. Dallin was 22mos old when Ty was born and never gave him so much as a glance until now that he walks and such. Watching them become friends (and enemies)is the best part.
As for Emma's hair-I think you did great, Kurt doesnt even attempt, that may be why only need 1 girl.
Leisha-I hope you get lots of rest and get time to cuddle both your girls.

Trina Bair said...

Congratulations to all of you. She's just beautiful and looks like she belongs. Good job on the hairdo Richard. We're so happy she's here. Love you!

Shaila Lou said...

Ah, what a special moment when they meet them for the first time! Nora is just so dang cute! I love her hair, and those cheeks are to die for! Can you move back now? I miss you all and I need to snuggle the newborn!