Sunday, August 8, 2010

Richard's hiking trip to Necklace Valley

I just thought I would throw up a few pictures from a hiking trip I did at the end of July. I went with my cousin Brett and Frank Norris (from our ward). It has become a kind of tradition now I think to get one last hoorah in before budding. So this year we went to Necklace Valley just south of Skykomish WA. It was really beautiful. The first 5 miles were a breeze. The last 3 miles were pure punishment. It was literally 3 miles straight up with no end in sight until you finally walk out to the Alpine Lakes.

There were 6 lakes within a close proximity to each other. We stayed at Emerald lake, and were within 15 minutes of Jade lake, Opal lake, Illswoot lake, Al's lake (below)...

...and Locket lake. The views were amazing and each lake had its own unique color.

The only bad parts were the mosquitoes and inclines like the one below!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shaila Lou said...

That looks beautiful Richard! I hope you weren't eaten alive!