Saturday, March 20, 2010

She is here!!!!!!

Well it finally happened! The last couple days have been pretty crazy. We knew she was going to come early... At about 4:30 Leisha's water broke and we frantically tried to find a place for Emma to hang out. Luckily a sister in our ward (who happens to be the nursery leader and married to my thesis advisor...) was willing to watch Emma for as long as we needed. I quickly dumped Emma off and she supposedly had fun playing with their little dog and piano. Leisha and I checked in to the hospital and got ready for what we thought would be a long night. Leisha had to have her grape juice!
Leisha was amazing! She was having lots of contractions at quick intervals and managed to hold still the whole time she go the epideral. I left just after the epideral (about 8:10) to go pick up Emma and bring her back to the house for the night. Sis. Robinson was kind enough to watch Emma the rest of the night too! As I was driving to the apartment I got a call from the hospital saying that I should hurry back! So once again I dumped Emma off and scrambled back to the hospital. I arrived at 8:40 just as the doctor was walking in and ready to start the pushing. 3 contractions and 6 minutes later Nora was born! Cutting it close there dad! Nora Ivy Adams 7 lbs. 9 oz. 20 1/4 in. 3/20/2010 8:46 pm
Leisha and Nora are doing great. Leisha is feeling really good (a ton better than she did with Emma...) and Nora is happy and healthy. We are so greatful for her and glad she shares this month with 2 very special girls. I am sure Mara and Henley were there to send her to us!

6 comments:

Marion said...

I'm sure Mara and Henley were there to kiss her good-bye. I can't wait to get there! Hang tight, Nora! GraMimi's coming soon! I love you already! Good job, Leish! You hang tough, too! I'll be there to make you some tapioca! Love you, honey!

melanie said...

Wow the tears (and lots of them) came as I thought of Mara and Henley helping her here as I'm sure they were. You were cutting it pretty close Richard but what's a story without a little drama and suspense, like 'will he make it back?'! I love her sweet name and her head full of dark hair. Good job Leisha! Can't wait to see when she meets her sister, her Gramimi, gets home, etc, etc. That means keep up the blogging Richard, I love it.

Shaila Lou said...

I'm teary eyed as well! One, because I already love her! She looks so sweet! What a cutie! I can't wait to snuggle her. The other reason for thinking of her two cousins sending her off! What an amazing thought!

Good job Leisha! I love you tons. I'm glad it went well and you are feeling good. Nora is smaller then Emma was! Amazing! The second time is so much easier.

Great job on the post Richard. You're getting some great pictures! Glad you made it there in time!

Shellie said...

Oh, she is precious! Congrats to you guys! Love you!

Dallas and Kirsten said...

Congratulations!! I'm super excited to be an aunt again:) I can't wait to snuggle with little Nora in May! Glad to hear everything went well and that mommy and baby are healthy and safe. Love you guys and can't wait to see ya!

Amber said...

She's beautiful and congrats to you both! Leisha - I PROMISE I have taken a picture of my bullet belly! I will post it soon. (although I'm a little jealous you've gotten rid of yours and I still have mine! :)