On our last day at Gettysburg we decided to drive the confederate side of the battlefield. This first picture is of John Buford who slowed the confederate army with a small group of cavalry giving the Union army some time to gather at Gettysburg.
Leisha climed the Longstreet Tower to look over the battlefield. The tower is probably 150 feet high, so she got some great pictures!
The next set of pictures are of the greyhound parade at the outlet mall in Gettysburg.
We had a great vacation! Its so much fun learning and seeing where history took place. Sorry for all the pictures I just can't help myself...and that's not even half of what we took.
1 comment:
I would move into that house in a second! I love those old 'Gone with the Wind' looking houses. I'm sure I was meant to live on a plantation back in the day.
Such gorgeous green land. I want green land around here and NOW!
I think Emma might want a greyhound.
Post a Comment