Saturday, April 26, 2008

Amish County. Day 2

Since we were in Pennsylvania, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the Amish County. Did you know that their is an Ephrata in Pennsylvania? They say it different but spell it the same.
The land was just beautiful! The farms looked so clean and pretty. It made me want to get out and milk a cow. Apparently these are really old bridges. Made in the late 1800's. Very fun going through it! Yes this is an Amish man plowing his Field with a team of 6 horses!!! This was a Mennonite graveyard behind their church. It was very old and historic...I couldn't think of a better word.

Of course we had to take a picture of a horse and buggy sign...they have them in Geneva too, but it seemed a lot cooler here.

Right after we took the picture of the sign, we then came upon one of them...and yes we did pass him.

Then we made it to Intercourse! Intercourse is a little town that has a lot of cute shops. So we got a couple of souvenirs and what not.

This was in the parking lot. So I just had to take a picture.

2 comments:

Anna said...

After reading Amish Grace I pretty much want to be Amish. What a fun little trip.

melanie said...

I'm with Anna, since I'm reading Amish Grace, I'm jealous that you got to see a horse and buggy. Or lots of them.

I love those old covered bridges but they seem so rickety. Are they seriously safe to drive on?

I did know there was an Ephrata, PA. It's in one of my cookbooks. Funny.