Friday, April 18, 2008

Emma at Niagara Falls

We took Emma to Niagara Falls today. It was her first time out of the USA! That to me is crazy! My first time out of the States was just Last year. Anyway, we went to Niagara Falls and Emma had a blast!
It was a beautiful day. If you ever happen to go to the falls make sure you have a jacket...it gets pretty misty. Talking about mist, Emma loved it. At first I was trying to shield her from it, until I herd her squealing with laughter. For those who haven't been to Niagara...the mist is crazy! It feels like your pretty much in a cold shower.
Of course we had to have Emma in her sunglasses, she wouldn't want it any other way. I've never seen so many people point and stare...and not at the falls but at Emma. We kept on hearing thing like "Look at the baby with the glasses." "Ohhhh...look honey." Their were a lot more but you get the idea. So Emma ended up being our little spectacle to look at. Her loud bursts of laughter and growls didn't help either.

For those who don't know, Emma has Eczema. That is why in most of the pictures we take of her, her face is red. We think she's cute anyway. But boy does it make me feel like a neglectful mother.

Mist...need I say more.

After Niagara we hit up Hard Rock Cafe. I have never been there to eat so I had no idea that they had music playing all the time really loud. I didn't think Emma would be able to handle it for long. But low and behold she loved it! She even fell asleep!!!

On the way back, I thought I would document how happy and funny Emma gets when we put her sunglasses on.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

What a cutie with those glasses! I can't believe she leaves them on...she's a good baby. She is growing so fast and gets cuter every time I check your blog!! Love you all!!

melanie said...

Niagara Falls, amazing! The mist is so pretty. I would love to visit there. Do you want a family of 6 to visit, ha?

Love the baby girl attraction, the glasses and the hat. Those baby sun hats are my favorite. I just bought Reed one on Wed.

Shaila Lou said...

So we go see some little fall and you guys had to go one up us huh!?! Just kidding. I would love to go there. It looks beautiful. My hair would be crazy though with the mist, must be why you wore it curly! Emma looks so stinking cute in her sunglasses! I'm impressed that she fell asleep with all the noise. She must be getting prepared to be around all her loud cousins. I sure wish I could come visit you guys!

Don't feel bad about Emma's face. Poor girl...it just makes me feel like she's all ichy. That's how my hands feel. She's adorable no matter what! I love you guys. 13 more days until your home! Yay!

Anna said...

Fun trip! Emma is adorable in the 1st pic with the hat and glasses on. She seems to be such a happy little chic! I figured that was eczema on her face, Mags had it too. It stressed me out bad. Finally they put her on some type of oral cream that did the trick! She is still a doll! I cant believe the love of the glasses-my kids are such haters!
PS-Hard Rock was so fun when I went to one!